Surgical Arts Surgical Center
Most of Dr. Mackenzie’s outpatient surgeries are performed at the Surgical Arts Surgical Center, which is Suite 202 on the second floor of the Surgical Arts building and above our office. Please visit the Center’s website HERE.
This accredited facility includes two operating rooms, two separate pre-operative consultation and marking areas, and a three bed recovery room. Dr. Mackenzie uses anesthesiologists from the Anesthesia Medical Group of Santa Barbara (see their website and read about their physicians here).
- 1The entrance to Surgical Arts Surgical Center is Suite 202 upstairs, facing State Street. You can take the stairs or the elevator in the front of the building.
- 2You’ll enter the reception area to be greeted and fill out some paperwork.
- 3In the pre-operative exam area you will change, and Dr. Mackenzie will see you, go over the operative plan once again and mark you for your procedure.
- 4Here is a photo of one of the operating rooms.
- 5This is our storage area and clean room, where instruments and supplies are stored.
- 6This is the recovery area, where you will awaken and recover after surgery.
The exit is a different door than where you came in, and your family member or friend who will be picking you up will meet you and the recovery room nurse here.